July 15, 2013 by The Lupie Chick
The acquittal of George Zimmerman in the trail for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin, 17, in Sanford, Florida has spurred a national response that is taking numerous forms, including rallies in multiple cities and active discussion on social media. 48 hours after the verdict I have 6 questions I would like you to answer (or think about)
1. What is your personal response?
2. What questions and issues does it raise for you?
3. Do you think the prosecutor was out “lawyered” by the defense attorney?
4. Were you surprised by the not guilty verdict?
5. How do you think history will remember the Trayvon Martin case? Will it be about civil rights, citizens’ rights to protect themselves, the judicial process–or something else?
6. In the aftermath of the verdict–how should we honor Trayvon Martin?
I ask all of you- NOW WHAT??? What are you going to do to make a difference?????
Take a listen to Judge Mathis perspective on the case: http://www.v103.com/pages/sh.html?article=11483441