* Styling Gel ( I used Pure Aloe Vera) * large rubber bands
* Large straight pins
1. Section hair into 3 sections (you should be able to make 3 pony tails (1) on the top of your head, (1) in the midle, and (1) in the back)
2. Gather the pony tail together- pulling all the locs straight down- take 1-2 locs and wrap them around the pony tail ( you are using the locs to make a pony tail holder) secure the ends with a small straight hair pin or tuck loose pieces into the pony tail. ** You can also use a rubber band or a pony tail holder to make a pony tail and wrap the locs around the rubber band to hide it-if desired**
3. After the pony tail is secured- take the ends (loose locs) and gather them together, put a rubber band around the end ( if some of the locs fall out of the pony tail – its OK-you can secure them later)
4. take the pony tail and roll it under- secure with a couple of hair pins ( I used (1) on each side and (1) in the middle) to create a “bun”
5. Continue Steps 2-4 on each pony tail
6. Apply a little Aloe Vera gel to your edges to control any fly-aways
7. Wrap hair at night with a satin scarf/bonnet, and oil scalp as needed
I’m a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a poet, a philanthropist, a member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, member of Order of The Eastern Star, and I have Lupus. I was diagnosed with Lupus in July 2011, after many years of unexplained illnesses, surgeries, and hospital stays.
My Lupus was discovered after a year struggle with a rash on my face that was spreading to my neck and chest. I had begun to also suffer from migraines, fatigue, joint pain (in my ankles and wrist), shortness of breath, and excessive sweating. I knew nothing about Lupus except it was a disease that Toni Braxton suffered from. I initially thought there was a magical pill I could take to get rid of it. I was informed that Lupus has no cure; it’s a disease I will live with for the rest of my life until a cure is discovered. I have dedicated the rest of my life to be a face-IN YOUR FACE- activist for a cure- I'm not hiding it-I'm FIGHTING it!
View all posts by The Lupie Chick